Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Extra! Extra!

So Ted Kennedy died.
Every morning I eat my breakfast and watch the news. At 6:30am I go up stairs shower and get ready for work. Today was no different.
But today when I got off the train at 8:00am and walked out of Union Station the Tribune guy is yelling "Get your Tribune! Late breaking news on the death of Senator Ted Kennedy!"
Usually this guy is just background noise to my walk, but this time I spun around. What?! Did I hear that right? I was watching the news literally one hour and one half ago. No mention of the death.
Now I know Ted Kennedy did not die between the time I turned off my TV and the time I got off the train. But the news broke and The Tribune had time to print something up and get it out to the guy at Union.
So either A) The Tribune has very fast production time or B) My news media outlet needs to be evaluated.
I suspect that FOX News in the Morning might not be on the pulse of the real late breaking news.

No comments:

Post a Comment