Monday, January 12, 2009

It's a start


I have an unnatural obsession with Beverly Hills, 90210. Luckily for you I will not be writing about that...at least not all the time. I can quit cold turkey and I have done it but as soon as I see a glimpse of one episode I get hooked all over again. Then I start watching the episodes on my DVR in order. I start to panic if I think one might have been deleted before I have watched it. Even though I have seen every episode a bazillion times. I just love it.


The other day my friend was talking about an issue she was dealing with regarding plagiarism and her students. I was thinking in my head, "Oh that happened to Brandon and Steve, maybe I should tell her how it all worked out. It could be helpful." I refrained. I do realize it is not real life and people may think I'm crazy if I try to solve real problems with episodes of Bev Hills.


I got a rowing machine for Christmas. I am really enjoying it as a supplemental workout option (I swim 3 days a week). Its pretty quiet but you have to put the TV on kind of loud to hear it while you are rowing. Since I have been doing it in the morning and don't want to wake people up, I just pop on a Bev Hills. I don't need to hear it since I have seen every episode one million times. It's amazing. I thought it wouldn't bring the same joy without the audio, but it does.


As I'm sure you know they came out with a new 90210. It's fine. I watch it, but not with the same love in my heart as the original. Sometimes at lunch we discuss TV shows and the topic of the new 90210 came up. People were bad mouthing some of the original actors and actresses for not wanting to make cameos. I can just feel my blood pressure rise when others talk badly about them, even though I agree with what they are saying. Its like when someone makes fun of your family. You may agree with what they are saying but only you are aloud talk about your family that way.

1 comment: