Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hail to the Chief


I was fortunate enough to be home for the inauguration of our new president. How exciting! It really makes you think when he says stuff like "a man whose father less than sixty years ago might not have been served at a local restaurant can now stand before you to take a most sacred oath."

But seriously watching all the clips, it has to be weird for him. I really have been drawn to the saluting. I mean do you think he practiced his salute. He must have. One day nobody is saluting and the next day you are getting salutes from all angles. I picture him with Michelle practicing saying "Is this right? Does this look good? Is my elbow to high? Should my fingers be on my forehead or more at my eyebrow?"

And how about the Bible Biden used to be sworn in. Holy Moly!

1 comment:

  1. It was the Biden family bible. Massive!

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-talk-biblejan21,0,5311019.story

    Love the blog, keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete